(Last updated: October 2014)
- General statement
The European Petrochemical Association, a nonprofit (AISBL) incorporated under Belgian law, registered with the Belgian Commercial Register (BCE) under n°0408.299.922, with registered address at 270 avenue de Tervueren, 1150 Brussels, Belgium, and with email address email@example.com (hereafter referred to as “EPCA”), is committed to protecting the privacy of the individuals we encounter in conducting our business.
“Personal Data” is information that identifies and relates to you. Personal Data includes, but is not limited to, your name, home and business mailing addresses, telephone number, email address, credit card or other billing information, certain data about your professional activities, and other information that you submit to us.
By accessing and using the Website (defined below), receiving EPCA’s services, registering to an EPCA event to the EPCA network or otherwise providing Personal Data to EPCA, you become a member of our network and acknowledge that you understand and agree to the terms of this privacy statement and the processing and transfer of Personal Data in accordance with this privacy statement.
- Personal Data that we collect
Personal Data collected about you may include:
- General identification and contact information
Your title; first name; last name; job title; e-mail and telephone details; company; address of the company; tax identification number of the company.
- For meeting registration purposes
Your spouse/companion first and last name.
Following information is requested (not disclosed to third parties) only if a VISA is needed:
Your title; first name; last name; nationality; place of birth; date of birth.
Your passport number; place of issue; date of issue; date of expiry.
- Financial information
Credit card information: Holder's name; number; expiry. (data is encrypted)
- How and for which purposes we use your personal data
We may use your Personal Data to:
- Communicate with you and others as part of our business.
- Allow you to communicate and exchange information with other members of our network.
- Introduce you to other members of our network.
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, terms and conditions, the Website and other administrative information.
- Make decisions about whether to provide you services.
- Provide improved quality.
- Personalize your experience on the Website by presenting information tailored to you.
- Allow you to participate actively in our network, including discussions, seminars, meetings and other events. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Data, so we suggest that you read these carefully.
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records, document and print management.
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence).
- Transfers and sharing of Personal Data
EPCA may make Personal Data available to:
- Other members of our network
The EPCA website is indeed used to keep contact and to generate interactions with the members of our network. (Meeting attendance list if accepted by the delegate)
- Service providers
External third-party service providers, such as accommodation service providers (when provided by the delegate).
Due to the global nature of our business, for the purposes set out above we may give access to business contact details to parties located in other countries even outside the European Economic Area (including the United States and other countries that have a different data protection regime than is found in the country where you are based.
EPCA will take appropriate technical, physical, legal and organizational measures, which are consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any Personal Data you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us. (See the “Who to Contact About Your Personal Data” section below.)
When EPCA provides Personal Data to a service provider, the service provider will be selected carefully and required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Data.
- Retention of Personal Data
One of our purposes when processing your Personal Data is to gather information on the members of our network and to keep our network alive and active. When becoming a member of our network, you agree that we keep your data until you decide to unsubscribe to our services and accordingly to quit being part of our network.
- Personal Data of other individuals
- Access and correction requests
You have the right to access, correct, object to the use of, or request deletion or suppression of Personal Data on certain grounds. Please contact us as set out in the “Who to Contact About Your Personal Data” section below with any such requests or if you have any questions or concerns about how we process Personal Data. Please note that some Personal Data may be exempt from access, correction, objection, deletion or suppression rights in accordance with local privacy and data protection laws.
- Other information we collect through the Website
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser information;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you; and
- Aggregated information
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Data under applicable law, then, in addition to the uses listed in the “Other Information We Collect” section above, we may use and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Data.
- Who to contact about your Personal Data
If you have any questions about our use of your Personal Data you can send an e-mail to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to:
Avenue de Tervueren 270