Our story began in 1942 Cookson from Wallsend near Newcastle-upon-Tyne in England starts producing lead salts as stabilisers for flexible PVC. Shortly after, Cookson opens a production plant in Sydney/Australia.
In 1976, when Akdeniz Kimya was incorporated in İzmir, Turkey as a company to manufacture and market PVC stabilizers and other industrial chemicals.
In 1986, the German stabiliser manufacturers Chemetall and the English Cookson Group merged their activities into a single joint venture as Chemson with headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. The company began operating from sites in Germany, England and Australia. In 2000 Chemson Polymer-Additive AG is founded in Arnoldstein/Austria as a part of a management buy-out.
In 2012, Akdeniz Kimya joined Turkey’s OYAK Group of companies. One-year later, the Chemson Group became part of the OYAK Group as well. With its robust corporate structure, its dedication to transparency, its strong financial infrastructure and growth commitment in chemistry, OYAK supported both companies to develop and produce innovative solutions.
In September 2020, these two strong brands merged into Akdeniz Chemson, one of the leading producers of polymer additives, and the world market leader in the field of PVC stabilizer products. Focused on quality, innovation and sustainability, the company works as a “one-stop-shop” for clients around the world, in order to supply all their needs in formulation.