Schill+Seilacher’s story began in 1877, when Karl Schill and Christoph Seilacher started manufacturing chemicals for leather processing in Heilbronn, Germany. In 1925 Schill+Seilacher opened a second production site in Hamburg to cater to the expanding needs of its growing customer base and secure better access to international markets through the city’s bustling port.
Following the Second World War, Schill+Seilacher moved its Heilbronn operation to Böblingen, a suburb of Stuttgart. Although both locations Hamburg and Böblingen are sharing the same name, they are serving different industries and working independently of each other. Schill+Seilacher ventured into the North American market in 1979 with the establishment of Struktol® Company of America. SCA is located at the heart of the American tire industry, just outside Akron, Ohio, and majorly supplies the plastic, rubber and tire industries. Schill+Seilacher Chemie GmbH, situated on the banks of the Elbe just south of Dresden was acquired in the early 1990s and serves as both a production and research facility for silicone based chemistry.
The high quality standard of our products is guaranteed by our certified quality management system (ISO 9001), which integrates our highly qualified application experts, state of the art laboratories and testing equipment, and modern production methods into an effective and continually improving team.
Our commitment to reducing waste and managing energy consumption efficiently has been at the core of our business for many years. By helping us work more efficiently and cost effective, our ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 certification promise better products through environmental responsibility.