PODCAST: EPCA president Marc Schuller by ICIS - chemical podcasts
The pandemic is pushing Europe’s petrochemical sector in new directions, but with a more flexible approach the industry can emerge stronger for long-term success.
- Very limited visibility means maximum flexibility required
- End use markets behaving in new and unusual ways
- Pandemic has accelerated pre-existing trends
- Europe faces new trends such as energy abundance, re-shoring of supply chains
- EU Green Deal is a big opportunity for Europe petrochemicals
- Europe will compete with China for dominance in green energy
- Europe could “scrap and build” to transform chemical industry
- Less naphtha supply will drive more recycling
Listen to this podcast interview with European Petrochemical Association president Marc Schuller; Paul Hodges, chairman of New Normal Consulting, and author of the pH Report; John Richardson, ICIS senior consultant, Asia and ICIS Insight editor, Nigel Davis.