My name is Joost Naessens. I’m 48 years old, father of 3 children, and I live in Deinze (Belgium).
I like hiking, running and mountain biking 😊
In 1993, I graduated as Master in Chemical Engineering at the University of Ghent.
From 1994 to 1995, I started my career as Project manager for Oleofina (subsidiary of Fina, now Total).
Since 1995, I work for BASF Antwerpen, in different functions like project management, operations management and strategic management, mainly in supply chain and logistics :
- 1995-1997 Project manager for logistics applications
- 1997-2002 Logistics analyst, leading projects mainly in the area of production logistics (advanced planning and optimization,…)
- 2002-2004 Production manager MDI production, responsible for production, supply chain management and logistics operations of the MDI products
- 2004-2015 Operations manager site logistics, responsible for transport management and site logistics operations : loading, drumming, product warehousing, rail and barge terminal operations, technical materials management,..
- 2015-2018 Project leader and program manager site infrastructure strategy, responsible for defining and implementing the Antwerp site’s infrastructure strategy 2025 (including utilities, logistics, buildings, safety and security infrastructure)
From 2011 until 2016, I was member of the board of Porticom cvba (Alfaport, federation of port-bound businesses and logistics companies in the Port of Antwerp)
From 2012 until 2018, I was chairman of the Workgroup Logistics, Essenscia (federation of chemical industry and life sciences)
I was also active member in several working groups, task forces, projects,… in the Port of Antwerp, VOKA-VEV, Flemish Port Community,…
And as from January 2019, I’m seconded to CEFIC as Director Transport & Logistics.